On the 31st March, the government announced a new national voucher scheme for families that qualify for Free School Meals. Our academy will therefore be changing from the scheme we are currently using to the new government one following the Easter break.
If you are currently in receipt of Free School Meals
There will be no financial impact on what you are receiving now; you will still be issued a voucher each week, for the same amount of £15 per child per week via email. However, the government use a different system for claiming your voucher, and therefore there will be a change to where you will need to go to download your voucher.
Voucher codes will still come to you via email, and you will be able to log in to the new parental portal via the Edenred online system: https://www.edenred.co.uk/reward-recipients/Free-School-Meal-Vouchers/. You will also be able to select your supermarket of choice and redeem your voucher when you go shopping. Supermarkets on the scheme are:
If you have been receiving Universal Infant Free School Meals
We are sorry to say that as a result of these national changes, we are no longer funded to provide provision to children who receive Universal Infant Free School Meals.
We are, however, able to register new families for the new scheme should you be eligible for Free School Meals, and will do our best to support you through this process.
Your family must be receiving any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you think you are eligible, you can self-register via: https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals or send photographic evidence to the academy via email - we will then be able to advise whether we can register you for vouchers.
We understand that you may have questions about this, and we will do our best to answer these and support you at this time. We will of course keep you updated on any further developments around school provisions during this time through direct communication, but please also check the academy website for the latest news and updates.
Thank you for your ongoing support, and stay safe,
Your Oasis family.