Role of Parents
We believe that all parents/carers have an important role to play in the education of their child. Therefore we try our best to ensure that parents/carers are made to feel welcome and valued in their dealings with all members of staff. We recognise the role that you have played in shaping the development of your child, and the value in your partnership with the education going forward. We do this through:
- Providing opportunities for parents to talk about their child with the class teacher before starting school with us
- Inviting all parents to an induction meeting during the term before their child starts school
- Offering parents regular opportunities to talk about their child’s progress in our nursery and Reception classes
- Encouraging parents to talk to teachers if there are any concerns. If needed a meeting will be set up between the staff and parent/carer so that any issues can be resolved quickly. There are formal meetings for parents throughout the year, at which the teacher and the parent discuss the child’s progress in private with the teacher.
- Having flexible admission arrangements that enable children and parents to become secure, and by allowing time to discuss each child’s circumstances
- Arranging a range of activities throughout the year that encourage collaboration between child, school and parents;
- Offering a range of activities that support the involvement of parents. There is regular communication with home through the child’s Reading Record diary
- Providing, at the start of every term, on our website and as a Home School Newsletter and Curriculum map will be sent home informing parent/carers of the topics and areas of the curriculum to be covered and also any relevant information that may help the parent/carer of the child
It takes a community to raise a child and therefore we appreciate your support in helping us with their education through home learning and encouragement.