Role of Parents
We believe that all parents/carers have an important role to play in the education of their child. Therefore we try our best to ensure that parents/carers are made to feel welcome and valued in their dealings with all members of staff. We recognise the role that you have played in shaping the development of your child, and the value in your partnership with the education going forward. We do this through:
- Inviting all parents to an induction meeting during the term before their child starts school.
- Offering parents regular opportunities to talk about their child’s progress in our nursery and Reception classes.
- Encouraging parents to talk to teachers if there are any concerns. If needed a meeting will be set up between the staff and parent/carer so that any issues can be resolved quickly.
- Parent’s Evenings twice a year, at which the teacher and the parent discuss the child’s progress.
- Having flexible admission arrangements that enable children and parents to become secure, and by allowing time to discuss each child’s circumstances.
- A range of activities throughout the year that encourage collaboration between child, school and parents such as Stay and Play’s and Workshops.
- Sending home Knowledge Organisers which outline what the children are learning in school and how this learning could be continued at home.
- Reading books sent home from Pre-School onwards.
- Reception phonics packs sent home and other resources to support home learning.
- Interaction and engagement with Seesaw, children’s online learning journey where both teachers and parents can add photos and comments.
- Supporting parents to register their children for a school placement.
- Links with the hub to offer a variety of support including family support, housing and finance advice and food parcels.
We appreciate your support in helping us with your child’s education and well-being.