What does being patient it mean?
The way we wait and the attitude we adopt as we do so – a long term perspective.
If I am being Patient I can:
• Think about the consequences of actions and make choices which enable me to become the best version of myself.
• Be willing and choose to stop, pause and notice others.
• Spot the physical signs when I are feeling impatient and knows what to do to feel calmer.
• See challenge as a chance to learn and become wiser.
• Develop some simple practice and techniques to be patient and stay calm.
• Invest time in thinking things through rather than rushing.
• Try really hard and know when to ask for help.
• Has a calming influence on others.
• Develop a real steadiness and a growing maturity which is inspiring to others.
• Show a real desire and commitment to helping others and support them in what they need to do or achieve.
• Spend a few minutes focussing on your breathing (box breathing, hand breathing, etc)
• Spend a few minutes practising mindfulness (sensing in, mindful minute, etc)
• Practice a mindful activity – mindful colouring, walk in nature, etc.
• Before you start a task, spend a moment to think it through before you rush into it.
• Complete a jigsaw puzzle
• Practice tapping
• What makes you feel impatient? What can you do to help?