What does being humble mean?
Seeing the intrinsic worth in others, all created equal; giving honour and encouragement to all; not lauding it over others.
If I am being Humble I can:
• Learn to really value myself and see myself in a positive way.
• Have a humble confidence which is expressed in a positive way towards others.
• Recognise that they are still learning.
• Be honest about how I am doing and can talk about how I would like to improve to become the best version of myself.
• Show a willingness, as well as skill, in listening to others
• Take a real interest in how others are and take the time to check they are ok.
• Display a willingness to ask for help and be willing to help others.
• Be really inquisitive to find out as much as I can, knowing there is always more to learn.
• Listen well to feedback and look to apply advice given.
• Be positive about the things that others achieve – it is infectious and brings joy to us all.
• Value positive traits in others and sees others in a positive way.
• Help others to feel more confident about who they are and what they can do.
• Treat people equally and makes sure everyone feels valued and appreciated.
• Be thoughtful and kind and ensure others are appreciated, celebrating their achievements.
• Write down three things you are thankful or grateful for
• Appreciate others strengths – tell someone something they are great at!
• Draw a picture of someone and write down all of the reasons why they are amazing
• Help others – not just because you want praise!
• Let someone else go to the front of the line.
• Spend time listening to others instead of telling them something.
• Think of one thing you want to improve
• Ask for feedback from someone
• Make a list of things you are thankful for