What does being honest mean?
Acknowledging when we are wrong and taking responsibility
If I am being Honest I can:
• Say hard things with kindness
• Be honest even when it’s difficult to be
• Be peaceful and calm and help others experience this
• Know honesty is more powerful
• Facilitate free, open and honest group discussion.
• Do what I say I am going to do.
• Not opt out when things are difficult.
• Build trust with others.
• Take time with others to ensure that they feel valued and have been heard.
• Work hard to truly understand different people’s perspectives.
• Think about a time that you were honest (even if you didn’t want to be!)
• Think about a time when we were wrong – what happened? Could we do something differently next time?
• Think about something you find really important – now consider someone who feels the opposite and think about why that might be.
• Who would you describe as honest? Draw a picture of them and write down their characteristics
• Write an honest review – a book, a film, food you’ve eaten
• When watching a panel show, think about what you might say if you were the judge. How could you be honest but not hurt their feelings at the same time?