What does compassionate mean?
Standing in another person’s shoes in order to understand their position and then act to bring change and hope to them.
If I am being compassionate I can:
• Show self-care as well as caring for others.
• Am intentional about helping others and leads and inspires others.
• Notice who isn’t feeling at their best and acts to support them.
• Give really practical help to others.
• Put the needs of others before their own.
• Celebrate the achievements and positive experiences of others.
• Makes sure nobody is left out or forgotten.
• Deliberately enable others to feel accepted and wanted.
• Take time to listen to what others are saying.
• Be very welcoming of others, especially those who are new or feeling unsure.
• Find practical ways to help those in need.
• Self-care – do something for you to help you relax or have fun.
• Motivate someone to do their best – you can do it!
• Help someone through a problem – be a problem solver with them.
• Celebrate someone’s achievements – say well done, write a note, make a certificate.
• Random act of kindness
• Volunteer or help in the local community e.g. the hub/litter picking
• Give someone a hug – but only if they want you to!
• Sort out a bag of unwanted cloths/toys and take to a charity shop
• Help out with the chores
- Smile at everyone you meet or say good morning/hello