The Oasis Community Learning (OCL) family of Academies are split into five regions of England – London and the South East, the South Coast, the Midlands, the South West and the North.
Each academy ensures local governance through a Hub Council, whilst national governance is delivered through the OCL National Office, and Regional Directors (RDs).
Each region is supported by at least one RD who is accountable to the CEO of OCL, and accountable for the Principals of academies in their region.
The job of a Regional Director is to:
- Oversee regional delivery of education, including standards and leadership as well as performance outcomes
- Ensure professional governance across all Academies in their region
- Monitor Academy budgets and escalations
- Monitor and escalate high risk HR cases, IT services issues, property and estates, new business and capital project issues
- Monitor, audit and intervene on safeguarding issues and health and safety issues
The Regional Director academies within the Midlands region from September 2020 is Juliet Silverton.
Since 2004, Juliet had been a Head in three very different schools in three local authorities in the West Midlands, the largest of which was a four form entry in Coventry, where the performance was turned around in three years. All of these schools have had challenging contexts and Juliet will tell you that it has been a privilege to be a part of their journey, and acknowledge the level of drive and commitment that the staff and children demonstrated in their pursuit of raising expectations.
More recently she worked for Coventry City Council Local Authority, as Head of Improvement and Standards, across all of its Primary, Secondary and Special Schools. This enabled her to experience a wider strategic role and be part of a team that took the overall % of pupils attending good or outstanding schools to 95%.
Her passion is school improvement, focusing on developing and supporting others to facilitate positive change, for all.
To read more about the governance structure, please click here.