The Academy Council plays a vital role in the life of Oasis Academy Warndon. It is comprised of members of the local community, the local authority, parent representatives, a member of the support staff and a member of the teaching staff. Meeting 6 times in the evening throughout the academic year, the Academy Council acts as ‘critical friends’ on issues of attainment and performance, whilst also being very involved in ensuring the development of a thriving and holistic community Hub.
The Academy Council does not have the statutory responsibilities of the Academy, these are held at national level by the OCL Board. All Academy Councillors are appointed by the Oasis Community Learning National Executive.
Oasis Academy Councils are made up of between 7 – 15 people. This list is updated every six months or annually. All Academy Councillors are appointed for a 3 year term of office unless stated otherwise.
What does the Academy Council do?
- It acts as a key link between the Academy, parents and local community.
- It champions the work of the Academy in the local community.
- It acts as a sounding board for the Principal and Leadership Team as they plan the future development of the Academy and represents the views of different parts of the school community to influence decision making.
- It keeps an eye on how the plans are implemented, ensuring that the Oasis ethos remains at the heart of the Academy community.
- It continually reviews the overall impact of the Academy amongst the people it exists to serve and makes suggestions for improvement.
- It helps on the ground with the implementation of certain Academy policies (e.g. student admissions and behaviour).
- It offers challenging but positive and proactive support to the Principal.
Contact us to find out more about volunteering as an Academy Councillor and make the difference to your community today!
The Academy Council does not have the statutory responsibilities as these are held at national level. All Academy Councillors are appointed by the Oasis Community Learning National Executive.
|Category||Role on AC||Date Appointed/Reappointed||End Date||Business/Pecuniary Interests||Attendance Academic Year 17/18||Attendance Academic Year 18/19|
|Fay Osborne||Hub Worker||01/09/2018||31/08/2021||None||2/2|
|Sasha Dewhurst||Support Staff||SEND||25/07/2017||24/07/2020||None||3/4||0/2|
|Sarah Roots||Teaching Staff||Healthy Schools||25/07/2017||24/07/2020||None||3/3||0/2|
|AC members who resigned/term ended within the last 12 months|
|Rose Rees||Teaching Staff||Pupil Premium||04/05/2017||01/02/2019||None||3/4||0/2|
|Ben Stitchman||Sponsor (Community)||Teaching, Learning and Safeguarding||02/10/2015||22/07/2018||None||3/4||0/2|
|Malcolm and Alexandra Willetts||Parent||Health and Safety||04/05/2017||01/02/2018||None||4/4||2/2|